The lockdown baking continues as this week I try to hone my cookie making skills by trying this Dairy Milk cookies recipe. These delicious double chocolate Dairy Milk cookies were inspired by this Anna Edit recipe for the perfect soft cookies with a few changes to suit my personal cookie tastes!
Dairy Milk Cookies Recipe
Keep reading for the quick and easy Dairy Milk cookies recipe.
Ingredients (bakes 12-14 cookies)
- 200g Unsalted Butter (take out the fridge the night before to soften)
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 250g Plain Flour
- 2.5tsp’s Baking Powder
- 100g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Big bars of Dairy Milk broken into chunks
- A splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (200 degrees for a fan assisted oven)
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar into a bowl and mix together with a spoon (or electric whisk). I like to chop my butter into small pieces as it makes it easier to break it all down.
- Add the egg and mix together
- In a separate bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix it all together.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter and sugar mixture along with the broken up chocolate and mix together
- Add a splash of milk if the mixture is looking dry.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Roll the dough into 12 ball shapes. Place each of the dough balls on the baking tray (you may need to do 6 at a time). The dough balls will melt out into cookie shapes in the oven.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When you take them out, the cookies will still be soft to touch. Leave them 30 minutes to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for days of cookie goodness – if they last that long!
Tip: If you want your cookies to stay fresher for longer, only bake half of them now and pop the other cookie balls in the freezer. You can take them out mid-week for freshly baked cookie goodness.
You might also like to read:
- Milk and White Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Brownie Recipe
- Quick and Easy American Pancakes Recipe