I know it’s a cliche, but a new year is the perfect opportunity to have a bit of a fresh start. I hate having resolutions because I feel like they’re so easy to break. I like to call them rules to live by and I’m sharing 6 of my top ones for 2016. As I get older, I find myself wanting more order in my life in the basis day to day, which in turn allows me to spend more time being creating and living my life. So without further ado, I present to you the LMC…
‘Rules to live by in 2016’
- Less clutter – one of my biggest goals for this year it to hoard less crap. And I call it crap because that’s what it usually is. I have so many possessions that I don’t use and forget about. I’m a big believer in a tidy space = a tidy mind and that’s the mantra I’m going to try and live y this year – at home, in my draws at work, on my desktop…
- Take my diary digital – I’ve been a paper diary girl for years and years. I like writing things down and seeing them in front of me. However this year I’d like to take my diary online onto my iCal. I always have my phone with me which means I’ll never be caught without it. It’s funny because at work, my Outlook calendar is my life and I swear by it, but at home, not so much.
- Stay tidy – This point is very similar to point on in terms of ‘tidy space, tidy mind’ but I just want to stay a little more tidy in my day to day life. I’m sick of my washing basket being full of clothes than need to be hung, or dishes being left on the side overnight. I want to try and do little jobs as I go along so it makes the big ones more bearable when they need to be done.
- Cleanse my address book – my twitter, my Facebook. There are so many people in there who I don’t speak to or have any interest in anymore. 2016 – it’s time for them to go.
- Spend more time with friends and family – I’m very lucky that my friends all live very close to me and at the end of 2015 we started making more time for each other. It took a while as we all navigated our first few years within the working world, finding our own routines and came to terms with the fact that bedtime was more like 10pm rather than 1am but we’ve got there. At the age of 26, I’ve found my wolf pack and even though its small, it is solid – and that’s what matters!
- And so onto my final ‘rule to live by in 2016’ – sorry I really hate calling them resolutions – goals for my blog and YouTube channel. After nearly four years in the blogging world I feel like I know myself and what I now enjoy to blog about. I feel like I spend 2015 floundering about not sure what I wanted to achieve whereas this year, I’m much more focused. All will become apparent in the next couple of weeks but I’m excited for the year ahead.
So those are 6 of my new ‘rules to live by in 2016’ – I also have a few more which I’ll be keeping to myself as they’re more personal but it’s great to have a starting point and have some things wrote down that can be referred back to. So do you have any rules to live by in 2016?